CVA NationStates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Celestiaran/Nebulatic
Celestiaran/Nebulatic

Challenge-12/1/2017 Empty Challenge-12/1/2017

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 am
A nuclear reactor melts down

(If no nuclear reactors, other disaster.)

What did your nation do?
Lucy

Challenge-12/1/2017 Empty challenge

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:30 pm
Lucyicra has no nuclear reactors due to the agreement not to use nuclear weapons. The disaster was a flood due to the dam breaking. Because this has happened before, we have safety precautions. With their inflatiable rafts, the town floated to safety. Then the water spreads out so much that now it’s on its original river course. Lucyicra has decided not to build anymore fans and just go with solar power. -10,000 for rebuilding the town and -20,000 for the solar panels.
QusciylaElthurya
QusciylaElthurya
Location : Usually on a couch with fuzzy blankets and my dog and Harry Potter and my dog and Lord of the Rings and my dog and chamomile tea and my dog and Pathfinder stuff and my dog and my laptop and did I mention my dog?

Challenge-12/1/2017 Empty Elthurya's Reaction

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:41 pm
Elthurya has no nuclear reactors, so they had a massive fire instead. A quick evacuation lead by Queen Wilhelmina herself, and water transport systems throughout the city, lead to minimal damage and nonexistent injury and/or death.
QusciylaElthurya
QusciylaElthurya
Location : Usually on a couch with fuzzy blankets and my dog and Harry Potter and my dog and Lord of the Rings and my dog and chamomile tea and my dog and Pathfinder stuff and my dog and my laptop and did I mention my dog?

Challenge-12/1/2017 Empty Qusciyla's Reaction

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:42 pm
Normally, nobody would care (hehe, I'm so nice -Zena), but in light of the recent treaty, a Qusciylanesian government-controlled task force would attempt to reverse or at least control the damage.
Duckri/Kantonia
Duckri/Kantonia
Location : Lying in a sunny meadow and frolicking with the ducks.

Challenge-12/1/2017 Empty Turbines collapse

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 pm
Some of the water turbines that have been powering the city have collapsed. This has cause a short power outage throughout the cities. The Theocracy of Duckri has decided to pay for the damages immediately, before this causes too many issues.
Costs: -10,000 for the damages.
Celestiaran/Nebulatic
Celestiaran/Nebulatic

Challenge-12/1/2017 Empty Re: Challenge-12/1/2017

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:39 am
Celestiaran Response:

This is Mark Chrivioz,

REPORTING LIVE
from the newly marked Tiovep
Exculsion Zone.

This Wensday, a archaic Fission Reactor
(most reactors are now fusion) melted down
in the Tiovep region, famed for its food
and art. An exculsion zone has been
marked out, and the Head Council
is going to replace the reactor with a fusion one.
They will do the same for all other fission reactors still remaining.
The nuclear waste will be launched to a Near Earth Asteriod that
will carry it out into interstellar space.

A massive clean up project is beggining,
but many are critizing the Celestiaran government.

COST:
2,502,010- Fusion Reactors
405,121- Clean up
Duckri/Kantonia
Duckri/Kantonia
Location : Lying in a sunny meadow and frolicking with the ducks.

Challenge-12/1/2017 Empty Nuclear Meltdown in Kantonia

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:09 am
"Any news on the nuclear meltdown?" Mewtwo said to his close friend, Alakazam. "The team you sent just got back today" Alakazam said through their temporary telepathic link that Mewtwo had created. "They seem to have absorbed the nuclear energy and gained a new type. A few of them died from the radiation as well." he said with a hint of sadness in his mind link. "What?! I must see for myself. I will go to the meltdown on my own, to see what I can find." Mewtwo started the teleportation process. An hour later, he was at the scene. There were two bodies, lying near the wreckage. These were not the bodies of pokemon, however. They were the bodies of humans.

"I found this in one of their pockets, I wonder what it means..." Mewtwo thought to himself. He was looking at a small electronic device, with a needle on the end. "I know! I shall administer it to one of the dead Nuclear-types. Maybe it has something to do with the radiation." Flying away, he soon arrived at the lab with the corpses preserved. Sticking the needle in to one of their arms, he observed the effects. Soon, the entire body of the Nuclear Girafarig had turned back to its normal state, as opposed to the blackish-green hue of the nuclear pokemon. This was it. He had found the cure.

All of the previously Nuclear-type pokemon had been returned to their regular typings. There was one thing different about them, however. When all of the pokemon became nuclear, they gained another "Move" that they could use. This move was Nuclear-type. But when they got healed, the move still stayed. "I think we may have just found a way to superpower pokemon" Mewtwo said to Alakazam. "Yes, this will be very useful in war. However, we still need to think about this from a logical perspective. Any lives lost, even ones from previously nuclear pokemon, are still hurting this nation.""Yes, so for now we will continue as planned. Wars are a messy thing, and we cannot just waste lives for economical benefit."

Cost: -10,000 Pokedallars for the families whose sons/daughters/genderless pokemon died

P.S. I started writing this before greg posted the second challenge, also this post was inspired by Pokemon Uranium, go play it because it is one of the best pokemon fangames
Sponsored content

Challenge-12/1/2017 Empty Re: Challenge-12/1/2017

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum